Like, during the night, seeds get planted, and then in the morning, socks have sprouted.
Shoes and coats as well.
Do you struggle at all to get your kids to pick-up after themselves and to do their daily chores?
Do you struggle to even know what chores they should be doing?
Join us today as we discuss conflict-free chores with kids.
In this episode:
- The real reason it’s important to get your kids involved in chores (spoiler alert: it’s not so you can have the laundry put away correctly!)
- How chores in the Western world differ from those in other parts of the globe
- Conflict-free ways to get kids doing chores on a regular basis
- Where we went wrong (in regard to family chores anyways) (other ways we went wrong will be tackled as we continue to publish episodes)
- Ideas for appropriate chores for 2-4 year olds
- Chore ideas for 5-10 year olds
- Chris’s childhood chores
- Sarah’s greatest motivator as a child to get her chores done
Items of interest:
- A hypothesis regarding children and chores “Talking Trash or Taking it Out“
- On the Virtues of Making Your Children Do the Dishes
- Chores Wars
- Our private FB community full of more meaningful discussions with parents doing things their own way